Worms in adults are more common than people think. They and their waste can cause significant damage to health and can cause various diseases.
Ways to get rid of the problem
You can remove worms from your body using medicine or using folk remedies at home. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages. For example, various tablets and suspensions, which promise to achieve the desired effect quickly, contain toxic substances in their ingredients. Folk recipes are milder but less effective, and the treatment process sometimes takes more than a week.
Deworming tablets will help you get rid of worms quickly. They are very effective, but such medications should only be taken after consulting a doctor. This is because most pills work to remove only one type of worm from the body. To determine it, you need to pass a special test.
1. Roundworms and Nematodes
This group of parasites includes Toxocara, Trichuris, and the well-known pinworms and roundworms. There are many medications available in tablet or suspension form to remove them.
- Albendazole drugs.
- Tablets of this worm may contain levamisole as the active substance.
- Mebendazole removes roundworms from the body.
- Pyridine-based tablets show high efficacy in the treatment of adults.
- Drugs based on pirvinium embonate are equally effective.
- Piperazine and carbendazim are also able to clear worms from the body.
Human roundworms can also colonize the outside of the intestine. Then use a completely different pill.
In most cases, the above pills only affect adult worms. Therefore, in order to completely remove them from the body and prevent reinfection, it is necessary to take the medicine again two weeks after starting treatment. In this case, it is very important to adhere to the dosage indicated in the instructions, since deworming tablets are quite toxic.
Some additional procedures are sometimes required: the use of laxatives or the use of enemas.
2. Get rid of tapeworms
This group includes taeniasis, echinococcosis, hydatid disease, taeniasis, sparganosis, diphyllobothriasis, alveococcosis, hymenolepiasis, etc.
To remove them from an adult, it is best to use worm tablets based on:
3. Get rid of flatworms
This group of worms includes lanceolate flukes, Sino flukes, paragonimiasis, liver flukes, and cat flukes. Preparations for flatworms should be prescribed by a specialist.
Healing with folk methods
People often don't want to get rid of worms with medication and use various home remedies. Folk remedies are generally less effective but do not have strong toxic effects. Also, they can only destroy adult worms. And this means that soon the larvae in the human body can hatch, and the problem comes again.
There are a number of ways you can treat worms at home, so consider some of the most common.
- It is necessary to chop the garlic or onion head, pour in a glass of cold water and let it cook overnight. You can get rid of worms by drinking the resulting infusion on an empty stomach in the morning. This should be done in small sips. It is best to strain the infusion before use. Garlic water in the form of an enema can also be used at night.
- Herbal infusion. To prepare it, mix pumpkin seeds and absinthe powder in a 1: 1 ratio and pour into a 0. 3 liter bottle. Next, pour the vodka to the very top and secure the lid. The product should be kept warm or in the sun. At the same time, it is also important to shake it regularly. Medicines prepared in this way at home can be used within a week. Take twice daily (lunch and dinner) half an hour before meals. The dose required to remove parasites is 50 grams at a time.
- Folk remedies can also help eliminate tape and roundworms. To do this, you need to eat at least two walnuts a day on an empty stomach.
- You can also beat worms at home with the help of an enema. When preparing it, you should make the porridge with garlic or onion, then chop the tansy grass. 50 grams of the resulting mixture should be poured into 0. 5 liters of boiling milk. Next, the tool must be injected in the form of a package for half an hour. After that, the milk is filtered and used as an enema solution. Best done at night.
- A more sophisticated way that people use at home is as follows. You need to grind 100 grams of peeled pumpkin seeds into a gruel, add 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/2 cup of water. Use the resulting mixture in the morning on an empty stomach. Then eat one tablespoon every 60 minutes for three hours. After the last dose, drink a laxative. After another 1-2 hours, you will need an enema. As a result, the worms in the body die and are cleared from the body as quickly as possible.
Drugs to prevent the emergence of parasites
Tablets are undoubtedly very effective against worms. But many doctors of our time oppose their use for preventive purposes. The only exceptions are:
- Worms were found in one of the family members;
- there are animals in the house;
- One is in constant contact with the earth;
- The child goes to kindergarten, school or other institution with a large number of children;
- Family members enjoy fishing, hunting, active games (football, volleyball, etc. ) on the beach or just in the fresh air.
In this case, the possibility of worms appearing in the body is very high. As a preventive medicine, pyrantel is recommended for remediation, as it affects the most common parasite groups.
For those of you who are used to taking your medicine when things go wrong, following a few simple rules will help protect yourself from the worm as much as possible:
- Maintain personal hygiene and wash hands after using the toilet.
- Try eating at home. It's not a visit or a cafe, but a snack on the street.
- Fruits, vegetables and berries should be washed thoroughly before consumption.
- Meat and fish must be cooked according to all rules. They must be heat treated to eliminate possible worm larvae.